“Design and construction are inherently exciting. There are few things more satisfying than a successful project. The secret to success lies in the professional, business and personal relationships between owner and architect. You and Your Architect provides guidance on how to establish and benefit from those relationships.
1. Getting started 2. Selecting your architect 3. The important choices 4. Services available from architects 5. Negotiating the agreement 6. Compensating your architect 7. Keeping the project on track
How Design Works For You
Prepare yourself for a rewarding experience with an AIA architect and get the tools you need to get through the five stages of design easily.
Sustainable design makes a big difference. We’ll help you better understand the costs, show you great examples, and introduce you to AIA architects who walk the walk on sustainable design.
You and Your Architect
Hiring an AIA architect could be the best decision you’ll make for your residential or commercial design project. If you’ve never worked with an architect, though, you’re likely to have many questions. We’ll help you get through the design process.
1. What are the challenges for the project?
2. How will you approach the project?
3. How will you establish priorities and make decisions?
Consumer’s Guide to Hiring an Architect
The California Architects Board (CAB) examines, licenses, and regulates more than 20,000 architects used by Californians.
This brochure provides information on the following:
1. What types of projects do and do not require a licensed architect,
2. How to find and select an architect,
3. What the written agreement between you and your architect should contain, and
4. Budgeting and construction for your project.