AIASMC Scholarships 2016
The AIASMC is pleased to announce the 2016 Academic Scholarship Awards Program. The awards program is intended to encourage and assist students graduating from high school as well as students already enrolled in college in their pursuit of a degree in architecture at a college or university level in an accredited architecture program. This expresses the Chapter’s commitment to education and the future of our profession.
This year’s scholarship award of up to $2,000 will be awarded to a student or students actively pursuing an education in architecture. More than one candidate may be selected depending on the quality of the submissions. AIASMC may also decide not to distribute scholarship funds,
depending on the quantity and quality of the applications submitted.
- Candidates must be a resident of San Mateo County OR a full time student in a San Mateo County school.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled OR accepted to enroll, as an architecture major, in a university or college offering a degree in architecture.
- Scholarship award will be contingent on candidate’s proof of acceptance/enrollment to a university or college
Basis for Selection
- General Academic Performance (GPA)
- Creativity and Expression (portfolio/creative materials)
- Commitment and interest in the profession of architecture (written essay)
*Please note: Financial need is not a criterion for this award
Friday, April 22, 2016 Extended through Monday, May 2, 2016
Award Announcement: Friday, May 6, 2016