Website Garavaglia Architecture, Inc.
Preservation Architecture Firm
Garavaglia Architecture Inc. is a dynamic 9-person preservation architecture firm conveniently located in downtown San Francisco. Established in 1986, our range of projects and clients includes civic, commercial, institutional, and residential, with a specialization in historic preservation, cultural heritage, and sustainability. While many of our projects are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we work throughout California. The firm actively seeks projects that challenge our studio, including a variety of interesting and unusual projects both large and small. We pride ourselves in offering our clients innovative and personalized services for their projects while seamlessly integrating technical expertise with creative design solutions. Additionally, we have developed a highly efficient system for construction documentation in which all staff members participate.
As a growing firm, we are currently seeking a Job Captain with 3 to 5 years of professional experience with historic preservation or rehabilitation of existing buildings.
Job Captain candidates should be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of, and experience with, the following:
· Understand both exterior and interior construction detailing and be able to communicate clearly with team members and sub-consultants
· Preparation of construction documents in collaboration with project manager and drafters
· Participate in CAD drafting standards and protocols
· Experience in all phases of the building code and planning processes, design detailing, construction documents, and construction administration
· Ability to develop drawing sets, submittal milestones, basis of design, perform code research
· An understanding of the California Historical Building Code (CHBC) and Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation (SISR) is preferable.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
Highly accurate AutoCAD AND Revit drafting skills are required (Our office currently uses AutoCAD LT 2009 & 2013, Revit 2013 and Architectural Desktop 2006).
Exceed Secretary of Interior’s Historic Preservation Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History (http://www.cr.nps.gov/local-law/arch_stnds_9.htm)
Solid client communication skills
Excellent writing and editing abilities
Keen sense of project timelines and budgets
Comfort with a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team work environment
Garavaglia Architecture is committed to providing an atmosphere for growth opportunities to its employees including participation in professional organizations and continuing educational opportunities. We offer medical and other benefits and are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the nature of our work, we are only seeking candidates that fit within the position requirements. Compensation for relocation expenses is not available for this position.
Please email your resume (pdf/doc file) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Captain” as the subject heading.
Garavaglia Architecture, Inc.
582 Market Street #1800
San Francisco, CA 94104
Company Website: www.garavaglia.com