Don’t miss this year’s NAPHN’s conference in Oakland. The theme is Passive + Renewables and it’s going to highlight the best ways to reach Net Zero Energy. NAPHN Conference (link here and see attachments).
Architects hold the power to influence change in the built environment, and we are happy to offer a discount to all AIASMC members: Enter AIA17 at check-out to receive $195 OFF the public core conference ticket.
A few things to consider:
- Vancouver and New York are BANKING ON PASSIVE HOUSE… Vancouver has 2.2 Million SF of new Passive House projects under construction and NYC has required municipal buildings and city-owned affordable housing to use Passive House.
- Skysrapers are now being designed with Passive House: the three tallest Passive House buildings in the world will be presented at NAPHN17.
- Our 32-vendor EXPO has an INNOVATION Zone that will blow you away! New products not seen before will be here – alongside all the highest performance products on the US market.
- Accounting for and reducing the need for BATTERY STORAGE is the next leap in making renewable energy our grid future. Learn more about that at #NAPHN17.
- Keynote speaker: Scott Foster, Director of the Sustainable Energy Division for the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe and North America. Passive House is being included as the baseline energy target for this standard for member states to use to meet their Paris Agreement targets. (Link to Press Release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/06/prweb14391320.htm.) This announcement could not be more appropriate or timely as the U.S. withdraws from the Paris Climate Agreement. and will focus on widespread adoption of Passive House building strategies and bring together others who are continually committed to a post carbon all-renewable energy future.
- Why is the whole world attending #NAPHN17? We have presenters from China, Denmark, the UK, Ireland, Spain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany and Japan. Represent your region at #NAPHN17!
Please direct your interest to:
Brian Rubin, RA, CPHD