A Webinar shared by AIA Monterey Bay Chapter
VCHP Heat Pumps & Residential T-24 Energy Code Value
|Updates in CA’s title-24 energy code encourage the use of electric heat pumps as a means of achieving carbon neutrality in residential construction. This program introduces participants to the technology and how to successfully implement said technology in residential construction.
Thursday, February 25, 2021 12 noon – 1:15pm
1.5 AIA HSW
David Knight, founder of Monterey Energy Group, has spent the last 36 years complying complicated residential projects. Over 250 architectural firms use M.E.G. for all their energy compliance, HVAC, and solar design needs.
Jose De La Portilla | National Training Manager
Samsung HVAC America
Join David and Jose to learn how by utilizing electric space conditioning options, coupled with currently mandated photovoltaic energy production in residential construction, how you can help move the built environment closer to meeting the AIA’s 2030 Challenge and CA’s Zero Net Energy Goals.
1. Aesthetic options for installing VCHP heat pumps
2. Space required
3. Comfort, zoning and simultaneous heat and cooling
4. Relative cost of VCHP duct less heat pump vs other options
5. ACCA Manual J and proper heat pump sizing
6. Power requirements and Control Options
7. Noise, DB levels for outdoor units
8. Proper PV sizing for ZNE
9. PV vs. the grid operation cost
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.