Website BCA Architects
BCA Architects is currently seeking a highly talented Senior Project Manager to join our San Jose, Sacramento or Irvine office. This position will be responsible for independently managing projects across multiple clients/locales. He/she will be responsible for helping BCA Architects expand its presence in K-12, charter school, community college, commercial, retail and civic architectural commissions throughout California. The successful applicant must possess strong management skills when dealing with staff, consultants, clients and contractors and have a keen sense of developing, implementing and managing the fee, scope and schedule for a multitude of projects.
- Coordinate all project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost effective execution of assigned projects.
- Prepare work plans and schedules for project success.
- Serve as primary liaison with clients to complete projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules and programs.
- Actively manage project team budgets, schedules, design quality control, consultants, communications, documentation, administrative tasks and project team assignments.
- Estimate fees, confirm scope of work and prepare fee proposals and contracts.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of work of project architects and less experienced project managers.
- Present to clients and boards to garner support for vision/projects.
- California Licensed Architect
- LEED® AP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program
- US Citizen
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with public K-12 educational and community college projects, and with the Department of the State Architect (DSA)
- Experience with Office of Public School Construction (OPSC) and Community College Chancellor’s Office (CCCO) funding requirements, State funding eligibility, grant qualifications and various other funding mechanisms (including Career Technical Education (CTE), sustainability/high performance, joint use, etc.)
- Expertise in programming, master planning and project design/documentation through close-out and certification with DSA
- Knowledge of public school project delivery methods: design-bid-build, design-build, CM-at-risk, lease-leaseback and related procurement and contract requirements
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We offer an extensive benefits package for this position including:
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Performance-based bonus
- Professional membership support and training opportunities
- Give-back program offering company contribution on employee behalf to qualifying non-profit organizations
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact: Brian P. Whitmore, AIA, LEED® AP, President & CEO, at 916.254.5602 or BrianW@BCAarchitects.com. For more information on the firm, please visit www.BCAarchitects.com.
BCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to BrianW@BCAarchitects.com