Website Hawley Peterson Snyder
Hawley Peterson Snyder is an award winning, full-service, mid-sized architectural firm with experienced and creative problem solvers. We take on complex projects with the capabilities usually reserved for much larger firms.
We are located in Sunnyvale, California, and we’ve been a fixture in the greater Bay Area AEC community for over 50 years. During that time, our team has brought passion for design, collaboration, and innovation to a wide variety of clients in the healthcare, corporate workplace and public sectors. We actively support AXP and ARE candidates on the path to licensure. We are searching for an ambitious Job Captains that will bring strong technical skills and design sensitivity to realize our firm’s and our client’s goals.
If you have the desire to work collaboratively with a team of Designers, Consultants, and Builders to deliver thoughtful projects, then we want to talk to you. We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding Health, Vision, Dental, Continuing Education and Retirement benefits. Aside from these tangible benefits, we offer a place for ambitious individuals to learn and organically grow into greater roles within the firm.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Be part of a collaborative team to execute a Client’s Vision and the Firm’s Goals & Principles.
- Coordinate with project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and AHJ’s.
- Support the Project Manager/Architect in the development of the design and detailing.
- Assist in tracking budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and manage resource workplans to successfully execute a project.
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of the virtual building model and all documents in the drawing set.
- Mentor more junior staff; share expert knowledge of building products, construction details, regulations, and quality standards.
- Lead the BIM coordination team of designers, consultants and builders.
Provide support during the construction observation phase of a project.
- Attend jobsite meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and shop drawing during Construction Administration.
Your Skills & Qualifications to be Successful
- Accredited Degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
Technical knowledge of commercial building construction
- Demonstrated 3D modeling/BIM proficiency (Revit preferred)
Experience working with local regulatory agencies and their various processes
- Exceptional Written, Verbal and Graphic Communication Skills
- Experience with LEED Delivery and Documentation
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume illustrating your project experience to:
Henry C. Mahlstedt, AIA
1237 E. Arques Ave, Suite B, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Hawley Peterson Snyder is a committed partner to equal opportunity employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com