Website Hawley Peterson Snyder
Hawley Peterson Snyder is an award winning, full-service, mid-sized architectural firm with experienced and creative problem solvers. We take on complex projects with the capabilities usually reserved for much larger firms.
We are located in Sunnyvale, California, and we’ve been a fixture in the greater Bay Area AEC community for over 50 years. During that time, our team has brought passion for design, collaboration, and innovation to a wide variety of clients in the healthcare, corporate workplace and public sectors. We’re able to deliver great projects because of our creative thinking and agility; working closely with our clients by enhancing their ever-morphing needs, and evolving with them. And while we have the ability to change, two things have remained constant at the core of our culture: our desire to elevate our Client’s projects through our creative and sensitive solutions; and our need to contribute to the community through our client’s vision. Our team is currently seeking qualified Project Architects to carry on these traditions for a growing group of exciting new clients.
If you’re a knowledgeable leader, who has experience inspiring a team of Designers, Consultants, and Builders to deliver thoughtful projects for your clients, then we want to talk to you. We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding Health, Vision, Dental, Continuing Education and Retirement benefits. Aside from these tangible benefits, we offer a place for ambitious individuals to learn and organically grow into greater roles within the firm.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a collaborative team of Designers, Engineers, and Builders to develop and execute a Client’s Vision and the Firm’s Goals & Principles.
- Design, Document and Execute high-quality projects through collaboration with the Client, Contractor and Engineers through all phases of the project.
- Maintain a high level of service through responsiveness, sensitivity to our client’s schedule, and budgets.
- Become a leader in the firm by developing a deeper understanding of sustainability, building products, construction details, regulations, latest design trends, and integrative technologies.
- Become a mentor to the numerous emerging professionals in our firm and be a resource for their professional growth.
- Working directly with a Principal-in-Charge or Senior Project Manager to maintain project progress within the specified fee structure, client schedule, and the firm’s document quality standards.
- Develop and maintain resource loaded work plans, project schedules, project meeting agendas and minutes, and design quality assurance documents necessary to complete a successful project.
- Communicate and collaborate with construction professionals to ensure the client’s goals and to execute the project’s design intent.
- Regularly attend meeting with the internal team members, clients, contractors, and other content specialists.
- Administer the project through all of the various development and construction phases as required by the contract including period site visits to review construction progress.
Your Skills & Qualifications to be Successful
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- Hold an active registration as a Licensed Architect in the State of California
- Six to Ten Years of Experience Working in an Architectural Firm (Healthcare Experience preferred but not required).
- A strong understanding or experience working with local regulatory agencies and their various processes (OSPHD Experience preferred but not required).
- Exceptional Written, Verbal and Graphic Communication Skills are essential.
- Revit, Sketchup, and Microsoft Office Skills are essential.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel for project assignments.
- Experience with Integrated Project Delivery, Design-Assist, or Design-Build is preferred.
- Experience with LEED Delivery and Documentation and/or an active LEED credential is preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume illustrating your project experience to:
Henry C. Mahlstedt, AIA
Hawley Peterson Snyder
1237 E. Arques Ave, Suite B, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Hawley Peterson Snyder is a committed partner to equal opportunity employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org